Life's like that!

May 06, 2008

Library Makeover - Extreme Edition

Yesterday I spent the whole day moving library shelves, tables, chairs, cabinets, and miscellaneous stuff in the library for a makeover. The school's consultant, a superintendent from Houston, came by in the morning to give some suggestions on how to make the library a more inviting place for teachers and students. This is also to make sure that the library is presentable for the accreditation review team's visit this Thursday and Friday. I was going to get this done last week but was out sick for three days. Sr. Anita had to leave at 2pm, and she had a high school math class for one and half hours, so she couldn't help me much. Today since she's not teaching, she'll try to stay late to help.

My supervisor said we can rent a climate controlled storage space to keep unused items, and she is going to get a u-haul truck to move these items there. I plan to recycle as much stuff as possible by giving them away to teachers, putting them in the the recycling bin and let students take what they need. Honestly it's been long overdue for the need to make over the library. I have been letting the library become a dumping ground, but it's because I don't want to throw out things unnecessary. Since the superintendent made it clear that unused items must be moved out of the library, we'll just have to get this done by Wednesday latest.

Honestly I'm quite happy with the way the library is arranged now. I think I might have the potential to become an interior design consultant :)