Life's like that!

August 21, 2009

Dritz Light Duty Staple Gun

About six months ago I bought a light duty staple gun at a nearby crafts store with a 40% discount coupon. I have no idea how I would use it so it has been kept in my drawer ever since.

A few days ago I thought of getting new dining chairs, but I do not want to discard the existing ones since they are still usable.

This morning, unable to stand the 4 ugly folding chairs that have been with us for seven years, I decided to do something about it.

Then my dear sister 'nagged' me to do something about them instead of whining. So this morning I decide to give these chairs a makeover with the staple gun and some fabric in three easy steps:
1. remove screws on the back support
2. staple the fabric
3. Screw the back support on.

To add some variety to this makeover project, I use two different fabrics.

Left: Beautiful fabric #1; Right: Original design.

Closeup of the fabric design.

Different fabric for two other folding chairs.

This quick project is completed in just 15 minutes.

All praise be to Allah SWT now I can feel happy about keeping these chairs around forever!

Labels: