Life's like that!

November 18, 2009

Puppy in Chicken House!

Yesterday morning while checking on the chickens from a kitchen window, I saw a white small puppy standing in the chicken house. I was so surprised that for a few minutes I just stood there not knowing what to do. The chickens didn't look very happy with the dog blocking their way to food and water. In fact, the ladies looked kind of annoyed by the intruder!

I was not worried about the dog biting the chickens, but I called husband at his work place to tell him about it. He said to just open the chicken house door to let the dog get out.

I did just that, but the dog did not move an inch. I tried to use a bamboo stick to chase it out, but it growled at me! Well, I thought of using food to lure it out, so I ran to the kitchen, got a bare corn without the corn kennels, and held it close to the dog. Sure enough, the dog came towards the corn in my hand and out of the chicken house.

All praise be to Allah SWT, as soon as the dog got out, I closed the chicken house door and the ladies were happy to have their food and water without the annoying dog.

The dog had the corn between it's teeth and I let it out of the backyard, but it returned shortly with the corn still in it's mouth. I made sure that it couldn't get back in to the chicken house and just watched the dog walked around the yard.

Hopefully the chicken house is secured from any more intruders.

Labels: