Life's like that!

March 31, 2010

Birds

Today's theme for the preschool story time at the public library was 'birds'. Only about 15 kids attended this program today. Initially I was going to skip today's program to have an early lunch at Sr. Nor's place. But my dear sister 'gently' lectured me not to let daughter miss this opportunity to learn something new, so I decided to bring daughter to attend the program. I'm actually glad that we attended it and I have to thank my dear sister for her 'reminder'.

poday daughter felt more comfortable to sit in the front row as previously she would only sit on the second row. So I think her confidence level to participate more in this group has gone up. She also took the initiative to help the librarian pick up a paper bird that fell to the floor. I'm so happy that she likes to help people.

1. Rhyme: Five Little Monkeys and Mr. Alligator
2. Song: I'm a Little Birdie (Tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little birdie
Cute and fat
I eat worms
I don't like cats
When I see a cat
Came out to play
I spread my wings
and fly away

3. Poem: Five Little Birds Sitting on a Tree
4. Book: The Best Nest
5. Book: Birds
6. Poem: Two Little Birdies

Two Little Birdies sitting on a hill
One name Jack, one name Jill
Fly away Jack, fly away Jill
Come back Jack, come back Jill

7. Game: Matching Birds
8. Rhyme: I saw a little bird and he hop, hop, hop
9. Craft: Bird Nest

Labels: