Life's like that!

March 25, 2010

Poem: A Farmer's Prayer

A Farmer's Prayer
by JM Kenyon

Make sunrise early and the sunset wait;
make summer early and the winter late!
Allow the crops to sprout and thrive
and give me hope to man the drive.

Please let the raindrops fall at night
and keep the ground firm in daylight.
Make all my callouses a bit more tough
when times are hard and life gets rough.

Please, bless the plow that parts the furrow
and earth in which our hopes shall burrow.
Supply enough of sweat and blood
to drive on when bad luck should flood.

Dear Lord, I ask you bless the seeds
and spare them from the choke of weeds.
Help them arise from in the ground
and bear enough to go around.

But most of all...

Please keep my spirit in your palm
my will intact, my body strong,
my family close, my faith untaxed,
my heartbeats tight, my laughs relaxed!

Labels: ,