Life's like that!

March 25, 2010

Ideas for a Children's Garden

Yesterday we went to the public library for daughter to attend the preschool story program.

Before the program started, I browsed the shelves for gardening books and found these interesting titles.


A Child's Garden: 60 ideas to make any garden come alive for children by Molly Dannenmaier

Big Gardens in Small Spaces: out-of-the-box advice for boxed-in gardeners by Martyn Cox

Small Family Gardens: the step-by-step guide to creating stylish modern spaces by Caroline Tilston

I really got a lot of great ideas from the book A Child's Garden. Since I am introducing daughter to nature and getting her to love to grow plants, this book is exactly what I need. One of the ideas in the book is to build a pole bean teepee that daughter can explore and harvest beans. Another great idea is to grow palm and non-invasive bamboo to create a secluded forest for daughter to play in. Since bamboo is one of my favorite plants, Allah SWT willing I will try to see if we can grow it in the backyard this summer.

Labels: