Life's like that!

March 23, 2010

Front Yard Vegetable Garden

Yesterday morning I spent about two and half hours preparing (mainly digging and mowing) a narrow ditch along a small section of the front yard for vegetable gardening. I did not want to spent hours digging up grass for the vegetable garden. So I found information about sheet mulching on this web site on how to remove a lawn section without digging.

After lunch, I brought daughter to the nearby garden center to buy hardwood mulch and weed fabric. I was really glad that the check-out staff helped me to carry four bags of heavy mulch to the car. After about one hour of staking the weed fabric in place and putting an even layer of mulch, the project was completed. All praise be to Allah SWT husband was happy about the way the front yard looks.


This morning I moved a few round and rectangular containers to the front yard. Here is the layout of the garden from left to right:

1. Spearmint and Peppermint
2. Onions and Marigold
3. Thai Siam Queen Basil
4. Giant Thai Chili Pepper and Hot Thai Chili Pepper
5. Thai Siam Queen Basil
6. Onions and Marigold
7. Sunflower Hallo (Height: 5 Feet)


Allah SWT willing this sunny spot will be a good place to grow sun loving plants.

Labels: