Life's like that!

March 19, 2010

Friends, Finally!

All praise be to Allah SWT the newcomer who joined the flock last Saturday has finally been accepted by the rest of the ladies. Since Wednesday all four ladies have been scratching the compost and hanging out in the chicken coop together in peace and tranquility. Occasionally I still see one or two of the ladies chasing after the newcomer, but it was for only 2-3 seconds.

I guess they finally figured out the pecking order and resolve any differences among themselves. I am glad that I got all four of the same breed. I don't think we will have a peaceful resolution if I were to get a difference breed of chicken to join the flock.

The new lady seems to enjoy being petted by me.

One lady laying an egg on the compost pile.

I guess that makes two ladies who found the compost pile a good nesting ground.

The ladies took turns pecking at watermelon rinds.

Labels: