Life's like that!

March 23, 2010

Fruit and Vegetables, The Children's Kitchen Garden

Even since I started gardening in 2007, I have been buying gardening books to better educate myself how to grow the best veggies.

Before I introduced daughter to gardening, I showed her pictures of vegetables and how they are planted. There are lots of full-color photographs in the book 'A Creative Step-by-Step Guide to Fruit and Vegetables: how to reap a nourishing harvest from your garden' by Peter Blackburne-Maze and Neil Sutherland. This book has been a good reference for me when I started gardening.


'The Children's Kitchen Garden: a book of gardening, cooking and learning' by Georgeanne and Ethel Brennan has lots of good ideas on how to introduce kids to the joy of gardening. It was inspired by the French tradition of teaching children to appreciate fresh and healthful foods. It includes lots of delicious recipes children can help prepare. It also has fascinating and fun projects for children and adults to explore together.

Labels: ,