Life's like that!

May 23, 2010

Is the organic milk that you buy really organic?

I just received an email from my doula, Sr. Muneera, that contains a link to a web site that lists whether the organic milk that consumers buy at the stores are really organic.

Check your organic milk

Apparently the use of the term 'organic' is not strictly regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

I am so disgusted by those companies who claim that they sell organic products when in fact they are not just because they want to rip off consumers. Now that I know the truth, I will only buy Whole Foods Market's 365 organic milk from now onwards.


The Cornucopia Institute
: promoting economic justice for family scale farming
Seeking economic justice for the family-scale farming community. Through research, advocacy, and economic development our goal is to empower farmers - partnered with consumers - in support of ecologically produced local, organic and authentic food.

Labels: