Life's like that!

June 19, 2010

Bantam White Leghorns

This morning husband and I brought the kids to the animal farm to buy chicken food.

Guess what we saw at the farm? A cage full of 4-month-old batam White Leghorns! All praise be to Allah SWT I have wanted to keep white chickens and I am so happy to find them!

Husband and I decided to get two hens. We went home immediately to get the new ladies settled in the quail house. Just now I saw them pecking at the white bobtail quails' head feathers, so husband moved the white quails into the brown quails area. I hope that they will get along well.

Since we do not want the 3 big chickens to intimidate the new arrivals, they will stay in the quail house for now. Allah SWT willing the new ladies will start to lay eggs only when they are about six months old.

Labels: