Life's like that!

June 29, 2010

Friends Who I Treasure

All praise be to Allah SWT since DD2 was born, many teachers at the Islamic school where I used to work have visited me and brought wnderful gifts for DD1 and DD2. I am really touched by their kind gestures and generosity.

Before I left Singapore, I only have one person from my Junior College days as my good friend. We used to hang out together on weekends and talked on the phone all the time.

All praise be to Allah SWT I can connect with people easily but establishing friendships is not easy. I guess I'm kind of a loner and I tend to keep to myself most of the time. Working at the Islamic school has been a blessing to me. I have made friends with many wonderful people and I thank Allah SWT for the opportunity to be in the company of hardworking and trustworthy people.

I am also thankful to my sister's friend who lives in Massachusetts for being a friend to me. Although we live more than a thousand miles apart, she has been so kind and generous towards me with advises and concerns. Every now and then she would call me to chat with me, and her cheerfulness and words of wisdom always lift my spirits. Recently she sent a generous gift for DD2's birth and I am really touched by her kindness and generosity.

I thank Allah SWT for the friends that I have made in the US, and I hope that I have been a friend to them as much as they have been to me. May Allah SWT bless them and their families with good health and happiness.

Labels: