Life's like that!

August 21, 2012

Recipe: Kuih Kodok (Malaysian-style Fried Banana Fritters)

Several years ago, my dear friend Sr. Norsofina prepared this yummy snack for me and DD1 before she returned to Malaysia.  My big thanks to her for inspiring me to learn to prepare this dish for my family.



Source: http://rasamalaysia.com/kuih-kodok-recipe-malaysian-fried-banana-fritters/2/

Ingredients:


3 big ripe bananas
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
Some water
Oil for deep frying

Method:
Break the bananas (with hands) into small pieces and put them into a bowl. Add flour, egg, sugar, and some water. Use a big spoon and stir the ingredients so they are well blended.
Heat up a frying pan and add some cooking oil for deep frying. Once the oil is heated, scoop up a spoonful of batter into the frying pan. Try to “shape” the batter so it’s somewhat round. Deep fry until golden brown.

Labels: