Life's like that!

May 19, 2008

Childhood Buddy

My daughter's babysitter's son, Mohammed, was born 7 days later than my daughter, so they practically grow up together since she was 4 months old. Last Friday the babysitter told me an incident that showed their bond. She said that a 11 month old baby was moving in her walker when my daughter's foot was accidentally trapped under the walker. My daughter was crying because of the pain when Mohammed came over and scolded the baby with a pointed finger "No, baby no!" and tried to comfort my daughter by hugging and kissing her cheeks. Allah SWT be pleased..... that's so sweet!

I am glad that my daughter has a childhood buddy since I would really like her to learn how to get along with other kids as she is the only child now for husband and me. It's a blessing that she has opportunities to get to see other kids during the week. Allah SWT willing I hope to bring my daughter to visit Mohammed after I stop working to keep their friendship going.