Life's like that!

May 11, 2008

Early Childhood Education @ Home

"The human personality, or the care of it, is broken up. On the one side is the home... on the other side is the school... There is no unity of conception." Dr. Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind

Last night I thought of getting a book about teaching montessori in the home for my daughter. Guess what! My daughter brought me this book to me this morning that I forgot I've purchased already! Is this divine intervention?

I think that now I'm pretty comfortable about homeschooling my daughter. Last year I thought that I will not be competent to do so. After spending one and half year working at a private school, I think that I can pretty much handle my child's education. Is it my arrogance or ignorance? I don't know. But I do know that Allah SWT willing, I will plan to attend a homeschooler's conference in Texas in August this year to get a feel of homeschooling.

Labels: ,