Life's like that!

June 05, 2008

Substitute Teacher

This morning I took my sister, my daughter and JoJo to visit my supervisor in school. Since Sr. Laila and Sr. Brenda were there, I introduced my sister to them. While sister took the kids to the playground, I had a brief chat with my supervisor. I told her that although I will not be returning to school next school year, I'm interested to apply for the substitute teacher position since the office staff always have a hard time finding subs at times. She encouraged me to do so and suggested that I attend a sub training course at Region 10 education center in Richardson. I hope that I can go for that ASAP to get ready for the next school year.

After that we went to Sr. Anita's house to visit her family, her parents and 11th sister (she has 12 siblings in Malaysia). They were here since May 17 and will return 5 weeks later. I spoke to her mother and told her how much I enjoyed working with Sr. Anita. Allah SWT willing they are driving to the Niagara Falls tomorrow and will be back 10 days later. I told Sr. Anita about my plan to be a sub and reminded her to think of me when she needs a sub.