Life's like that!

June 01, 2008

Reunion tears

Last night at 9pm, my dear sister and her two kids landed safely at the Bush Intercontinental Airport. Husband, DD1 and I rented a minivan on Friday and drove to Houston in the evening. I wanted to make sure that I don't miss my sister's flight, and also just want to have ample time to know how to get to the airport.

It was nice of husband to take a video of our reunion. It was tears of joy when I finally saw them at the Terminal E international flights arrival gate. I'm so thankful to Allah SWT for their safety (and my sister's sanity) as they flew from Singapore to Moscow, then from Moscow to Houston. JoJo were very tired but I think they recognized me. We went straight to the La Quinta Inn and Suites when husband and DD1 stayed in one room while the remaining four of us stayed in another room with two full size beds. I spent the night trying to keep an eye on JoJo while my sister slept and also rested for a few hours while she was awake.

This morning after breakfast at the hotel, we left at about 10am, and reached our apartment at around 4pm. We stopped by the Import Halal store and the Whole Foods Market to get grocery along the way. I'm really looking forward to hearing about my sister's updates in Singapore since she left USA two years ago.