Life's like that!

September 07, 2008

Homeschool for us?

Husband and I have been discussing about the possibility of me homeschooling our daughter. I'm actually quite interested in this since I love to discover new things with my daughter. Allah SWT willing it will be fun and exciting for us to explore this world together. I found the following article that is really helpful in our decision-making process.

The ten most important thing you need to know about homeschooling

1. Homeschooling is life changing.
2. You are qualified to homeschool your children if you love to read to them, ... and, most important, love them.
3. Children love to learn.
4. Homeschooling is legal everywhere in the United States, but homeschooling laws vary from state to state.
5. It does not take six to eight hours a day to homeschool your child.
6. Your child will not become a social misfit.
7. You will not have to teach algebra unless you really want to.
8. You will question yourself a lot.
9. You do not have to starve or live in a tent to homeschool your children.
10. Trust in your children.

Source: http://www.homeschool.com/articles/mostimportant/default.asp