Life's like that!

August 31, 2008

The Joy of Fasting

Allah SWT willing tomorrow is the first day of Ramadan, the month of fasting in the Islamic calendar.

"When there comes the month of Ramadan,
the gates of mercy are opened,
and the gates of Hell are locked
and the devils are chained.”

Narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu anhu) (Saheeh Muslim, #2361)

This year we'll be fasting about 12-13 hours per day. I'm thankful that this year I'm not working full-time so that I can prepare healthier and tastier meals for my family after a day of fasting. The difficult part of staying home with my daughter is to have double the patience when she tests her boundaries with me. I pray that Allah SWT give all Muslims good health, and grant us success in our effort to cleanse our mind, body and soul during this month. Ameen.