Life's like that!

August 31, 2008

River Legacy Park in Arlington

Since early this week husband suggested that we find a nearby park where he can cycle for an hour or two. Lately he has been really gungho about exercising to improve his health, so I helped him to do some research. I found the River Legacy Park in Arlington and we decided to go there yesterday morning. The park has lots of open space for sport activities and good biking/running trails. There is even a Science Learning Center for kids to learn more about nature and we plan to bring our daughter there when she's older. While husband was cycling around the park with our daughter (in a child seat), I took this rare opportunity to read a book "Xiang Gang Wei Dao" (Hong Kong Tastes) given to me by my dear sister. We had fruits and snacks there before we left to buy grocery. It was a wonderful experience for us to find this oasis in the DFW metroplex. Allah SWT willing we hope to come back as often as we can.