Life's like that!

August 27, 2008

Goldfish Eye

My daughter is having a skin infection area around her left eye since yesterday morning. When I saw her "goldfish eye" I thought that the swelling was due to an insect bite and she didn't seemed to be in pain. But since the left cheek is kind of puffy, I asked husband to take her to see the doctor since I had to substitute for a teacher and couldn't cancel it. The doctor prescribed an antibiotics (to be taken twice per day) and eye drop (to be applied every six hours) for our daughter.

All praise be to Allah SWT although I am supposed to sub for the rest of the week, I found another substitute teacher who can take over so that I can stay home to take care of my daughter. This morning a nurse from the doctor's office called to check on her and by afternoon the swelling has gone down. I've been giving her rice porriage and lots of fluid throughout the day. When I had the chance to skype with my dear sister (who is now in Singapore "sob.."), she was alarmed at the size of the swelling. I really miss having my sister around, and I'm just so thankful to modern technology that allows us to have videoconferencing across thousands of miles apart. Anyway, we'll bring our daughter to see the doctor if she doesn't get better by Friday. Allah SWT willing we hope that she'll get well soon.