Life's like that!

October 19, 2008

Family Day @ Dar Al Huda Masjid

This morning I received a call from a teacher from the school where I am subbing and she told me that she and her family is moving to November next month due to her husband's new job. I was speechless when I heard this news. She is a wonderful teacher and I really enjoy working with her. I love to chat with her and find out her perspectives on philosophical issues. I really hope that she and her family will come back to Texas someday. I am going to miss her presence but I will try my best to keep in touch with her, Allah SWT willing.

After that, I decided to drop by the mosque library with daughter. All praise be to Allah SWT the library is now ready for users to read books. As usual I brought the digital camera but the batteries died, so I'll have to take the pictures tomorrow. At around 1pm, community members started to arrive for the Family Day at the mosque. A big bounce house was rented for the kids to play. While the brothers were busy grilling chicken, burgers and hot dogs on two BBQ grills, the sisters served food to kids and chatting with one another. Husband helped out with the grilling while I took care of daughter. All praise be to Allah SWT I had the chance to chat with Sr. Basira who teaches at the school where I am subbing. It's always great to have the opportunity to know a person better.