Life's like that!

October 13, 2008

Cycling @ River Legacy Park

Yesterday morning husband suggested cycling at a park. All praise be to Allah SWT the weather was good and it was not as windy as Saturday. So we loaded up two folding bicycles, roasted ribs that I prepared earlier, and got snacks and drinks from Whole Foods Market http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com .

There are several informational displays about animals and insects that live in the park's secluded areas. I was surprised to see that the vulture is one of them.


It tooks us about 2 hours to cycle along a 4 miles long path in the park. Daughter, who was in a carrier on husband's bike, kept calling to me and husband had to try to keep her from getting off the bike to look for me.
Along the way we saw these cute little bird houses perched on a metal pipe. This is really the effort of the nature conservationists who want to play a part in helping animals that live among us. I would imagine that after flying miles and miles to look for food, it would be nice for the birds to "check in" these free "bird motels" for a rest before taking off again.
We had lunch at the park before heading home. I was exhausted after cycling for 2 hours and took a nap immediately when we reached home. Guess I'll have to build up my stamina so that I'm in a better shape for cycling.