Life's like that!

October 09, 2008

Library Makeover Part 2

All praise be to Allah SWT this morning went to clean up the mosque library with daughter again. Before I left I told myself that I should take some pictures for documentary purpose but forgot to do so again. May have to pin a sticky note to my forehead to remind myself next time.

Last night bought a roll of jungle print decorative paper to cover one side of the wall. Also bought a roll of decorative borders for the white board. Another side of the wall has cork all over it, so I used push pins to put up maps of the states of Arkansas, Maryland and downtown Chicago as decoration. The next task is to get rid of 12 computers in the room. I really need to counter space to display books and use it for group projects. Have to talk to the Islamic weekend school principal about it this Saturday.

I'm thinking of starting a library club to provide a forum for teenagers to hang out and discuss about issues that affect them. I started working on a new blog http://islamic-lesson-plans.blogspot.com to archive interesting lesson plans that tie in Islamic teachings for the library club. Will have to talk to the mosque Imam about my plan and see what ideas I can get from him to develop club activities, Allah SWT willing.