Life's like that!

October 06, 2008

I Love Math!

Today I subbed for the high school math teacher as she attends a workshop off campus. On the way to school, there were 2-3 car accidents and traffic was slow as people wants to see what happened. I just hope and pray that no one was seriously injuried. Daughter was calling out "careful!" all the time, so I was on super high alert while driving.

For math classes I gave out Algebra I and II worksheets. It started raining heavily in the wee hours. Oh boy... those questions sure bring back good old memories of me working hard on solving ten-year-series GCE 'O' Level math questions. Back in secondary school days, my math scores were always pretty bad. I've never seen a number that is higher than 50 on my test papers from secondary 1 to 4... until my mother made me study hard (solve lots and lots of math questions) during secondary 4. All praise be to Allah SWT I had a really good teacher, Ms. Irene Tan, who was patient and provided detail step-by-step instructions to solve math questions. All thanks to my mother and .Ms Tan, I got A2 for my GCE ' O' Level math, and grew to love this subject. This proves that hard work, plus good teachers, plus parental involvement are key ingredients to a student's success. I'm just thrilled to sub for the high school math class because I have the chance to work on those questions too!