Life's like that!

September 27, 2008

Eye Injury

This morning at 6:30am, husband dragged me to walk with him and daughter at the park. Although I was very sleepy, I agreed to go with them. I was so sleepy at the park that I told husband I need to rest in the car for a while. When I opened the door while half asleep, I stood too close to the car door and it bang into my eye glasses, which hit my left eye. I was in enormous pain and called out to husband. I told him that I might need to see a doctor if the pain persists.
Funny thing is the same type of injury happened to me about 11 years ago. That time I waited for 3 days before seeing a doctor while trying to endure the enormous pain. The doctor at the time said that there was a scratch on the cornea, and I should not have waited so long to see him.
11 years later, the same type of pain brought back this memory and I know that I'll need to see a doctor. I took a nap after we got home and when I woke up at about 11am, the pain was still very bad. Husband then took me and daughter to the ER department at the local hospital. We waited for about one and half hours before Dr. Allen saw me. He dropped a few drops of dye, eye wash and local anesthetia medicine in my left eye before examining it. He said that there is quite a bad scratch on the cornea, so it'll take about 1 week to get better. I'll probably will be in pain for the next 2-3 days. In the meantime, I need to stay away from light and just rest in a dark place as much as possible.
Lesson learned: Sometimes sleeping can do more good than exercise!