Life's like that!

October 01, 2008

Bon Eid / Eid ul-Fitr / 尔德节快乐 / Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Yesterday was the day to celebrate the end of the fasting month for our nearby Muslim community. We went to the Dar alHuda mosque at about 8am to pray. While there, I met a first grade homeroom teacher,Sr. Basira, from the school where I am subbing. She has three sons-a 10 year old, a 8 year old and a almost 2 year old (in November, Allah SWT willing). Since there is no school of this whole week, I invited her and her kids to visit me and daughter today so that we can get together and chat.

I also met another Muslim sister whose mother is Korean and father is African American. I was so happy to hear that she speaks fluent Korean and cooks Korean food! When I greeted her with "ahn-nyong-ha-se-yo" (Korean for good morning) and told her that I watch Korean drama and eat kimchee (Korean marinated cabbage), she was pleasantly surprised. I am glad that she resides in Arlington, so I gave her my home phone number and asked her to call me so that we can get together to cook Korean food. Mmmmmm, Kimchee, here I come!