Life's like that!

October 04, 2008

Volunteering is a good thing

This morning husband went cycling with daughter while I went to the Dar Al Huda Masjid (http://www.daralhudamasjid.org/) to see if I can volunteer there as a weekend Islamic school staff. All praise be to Allah SWT I spoke to the principal, Br. Khalid, and he was very supportive of my decision to help out there. I told him about my job history at the Islamic School of Irving (http://school.irvingmasjid.org) as a Librarian and I am interested to set up the masjid's library for kids. After I came home, I told husband that the masjid needs someone to set up the library and he agrees that it will be great for me to help out there. Since there is about 70 kids currently enrolled in the weekend school, the kids will enjoy having a comfortable and cozy library in the masjid. Other than weekends, I intend to work on the library during weekdays when I am not subbing at the school. Allah SWT willing I can utilize my skills and experience to help the community.