Life's like that!

October 23, 2008

Toddler Meltdown

I brought daughter to the nearby Half Price Bookstore to look for books about teamwork building. She had a meltdown while we were there, and it was interesting to observe people's facial expressions. Most, if not all, men out on a stern face and looked like they just want to get far far away from us. Most, if not all, women had a more understanding look on their faces and even tried to talk to daughter to get calm her down.

I'm not really bothered by what people think, but I did not want to deafen people's ears with daughter's bloodshot screams.

At the cashier I was torn between (1) making a dash to the car with my toddler hurled over my shoulder without getting my books, and (2) throwing a bunch of bills to the cashier for my books, then dash to the car with my toddler hurled over my shoulder.

In the end, I forced myself to pay for the books (while offering lots of "sorry"s, wait for the change, then dash to the car with my toddler tucked under one arm while grabbing the bag of books with the other hand.

I've got to come up with a better strategy next time I bring her to the same bookstore or else I might be banned from that place!