Life's like that!

April 27, 2009

25 Random Things About Me: The Daughter

Every so often I read MetroDad's blog and just came across his entry 25 Random Things About Me: The Peanut.

Here is my take on 25 random things about my daughter at 2 years 7 months old now.

1. I can fall in love instantly with anything I find, like books, milo, cookie, pretzel, flowers, carrots, apples, banana, raisins, orange, grapes, juice...

2. I get to make my dad do pretty much everything I ask him to do, with a sugary sweet 'please' behind every sentence.

3. I can survive for days just on rice porridge or cooked rice with small fish fried with dark soy sauce and sugar (anchovies) that my mom cooks.

4. Give me a balloon, candies, chocolate or strawberries and I will stick to you like bees to honey.

5. I will fight you to the death if you hug me longer than 15 seconds (unless I ask you to do so).

6. I love taking showers!

7. My mom just sewed the prettiest skirt for me last week!

8. I AM SUPER HAN YU!

9. I am soooo into taking pictures with a fake camera that I am looking for ideas to get my dad/mom to buy one for me. Any suggestions?

10. Why is mom speaking Chinese while dad speaks Khmer? I like it best when they speak Singlish (Singapore English) and Kinglish (Cambodia English) because I do that too!

11. I LOVE PUZZLES!

12. Pretend play on phone: "Hello Yi-Mah, where are you?" (That's my mom's sister.)

13. Now I am trying to bluff my dad that mom beat me, and bluff my mom that dad beat me. Why don't they believe me? Maybe its because they are always near each other when I try this.

14. Reminders for mom: We go see Auntie Mulki, ok? Auntie Shahnaz? Auntie Malika? Auntie Norsofina? Auntie Angela?

15. I want gai-gai (outing) everyday. Where do I want to go? I don't care, just get me out of the house!

16. I LOVE (going to the mailbox to get) MAIL!

17. I LOVE ICE-CREAM! PASTA! MIEN (Chinese Noodle)!

18. I don't want sleep, please, please, please!

19. Mmmmmm.... ketchup....

20. I LOVE HUA-HUA (drawing)!

21. Gimme me tissue. (I can wipe my nose like dad and mom).

22. My preferred gardening method:
Hmmm... that (green) thing looks like fun... Hey what's that? (a spade) Let's see what I can do with that? [Mom screaming in the background: WHY YOU DIG MY PLANTS!!!] Oops, better run for cover now...

23. Baby so cute! Why can't I get one for myself?

24. I want (to watch) Arthur/Martha/Elmo/Super Why/Word World/Caillou (on tv now)... [Mom: Arthur is sleeping now, wait ok?] I want Arthur...

25. The mosque is my playground. I love to run round and round and round and round and round...

Labels: