Life's like that!

May 29, 2009

I Love Mei Mei Lao Shi!

Photo source: Amazon.com

Last month after reading reviews about this DVD 'Dance and Learn Chinese with Mei Mei' on Amazon.com, I decided to order a copy for daughter.

The format for this DVD is very simple:
1. Mei Mei Lao Shi (Teacher) sings the song first.
2. A child recites the song lyrics.
3. A group of kids perform the song.

In the beginning when she watch the DVD, she would sit in her chair and stare at the TV screen. I guess in her mind she might be thinking: 'Finally I see people that look like me appearing on TV!'

Two weeks later she would get out of the chair and start to swaying side to side like the little girls. By then she has learned how to press the play button on the DVD player.

This month, she began to sing the lyrics for some of the songs e.g. Two Tigers and Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars.

During our trip to Galveston Beach, she would suddenly burst out singing some of the songs from the DVD.

Now she wants to wear a long pretty dress to dance like the little girls when she watches the DVD. She also says 'I love Mei Mei Lao Shi!' all the time!

Well thanks to this DVD, my daughter not only learned simple Chinese words, I also lost 5 kg by dancing with her!

Labels: