Life's like that!

June 30, 2009

Shopping in Dayton, Ohio

Yesterday was almost a whole day of shopping for us.

First we visited one of the thrift stores to browse. The huge collection of clothes and houseold items in the store is quite impressive. In the end I bought three preschool games and some books for daughter.

Then we went to a Target store where my sister bought household items.

We also went to a Bed, Bath and Beyond store where she bought a set of pyrex containers.

Before we went home, we went to one of the three Korean grocery stores to get some Korean food items. I chatted with the owner and found out that he has been in Dayton for 15 years.

I told him that we are from Singapore and he said that we look like Koreans! I guess maybe he thought that we might be from Korean because we love to eat spicy Korean food! We greeted him goodbye in Korean and he replied back in Korean. How cool is that! I am now so motivated to learn to speak Korean, Allah SWT willing.

Today my sister and her family are planning to visit the nearby Montessori school for the kids. Should be interesting to find out more about the school's Montessori program.

Labels: