Life's like that!

July 06, 2009

Home Sweet Home - Texas

All praise be to Allah SWT , after traveling on the road for three days, we are finally home.

Husband drove from workplace to Dayton, Ohio on Thursday afternoon. He reached my sister's place on Friday at around 10am. After packing our belongings, we bid goodbye to my sister and her family. I will miss my nephew and niece very much because they are such well-behaved and good-mannered kids. The credits go to my sister for her dedication, love and time that she puts into raising her kids well.

Driving across Kentucky was a wonderful experience. There are so many state parks and so on Friday afternoon husband and I decided to camp at the My Old Kentucky Home State Park in Bardtown, KY. The weather was great and night was cool at around 50-60 degree F. Best part is it only costs $16 to rent a campground to set up our tent! We also showered free-of-charge in the communal bath house which is about 100 yards away from our tent.

On Saturday morning we visited the Mammoth Cave State Park. There were many visitors who were waiting to go on the Mammoth Cave tour. Since we didn't have much time to spare, we only visited the visitors center and walked a short trail outside the center.

After we left Mammoth Cave State Park at around 10am, we then took our time to drive across Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. As the weather looked like it was going to rain, we decided to stay at a motel. Well. it did poured heavily for a while at around 10:30pm. All praise for Allah SWT that we were not caught in the bad weather.

On Sunday, we didn't get to visit any Arkansas state parks due to time constraint. I told husband that I would love to cook dinner at home if we could get home in time. So we only stopped twice for bathroom breaks in Arkansas and Texas. On the way home we bought some halal meat in Irving. When we reached home at around 6pm, husband watered all the plants on our patio while I prepared steak and salad for dinner. I think husband missed my cooking because he gave two thumbs up for my cooking which he seldom does!

It feels good to be home after being away for a week. I didn't think that I would miss Texas so much but I do. Daughter will be most happy to get back to her old routine - hanging out with husband and playing with her friends again!

Labels: