Life's like that!

December 22, 2009

The Great Escape

This morning I was feeling quite tired, so I didn't check on the chickens.

Around noon as I was preparing lunch, I saw some 'thing' running outside the kitchen window. When I looked closely, I realized one of the ladies was roaming outside the chicken house! I immediately went to the backyard to investigate.

Turned out that there was a gap between the chicken house and chicken run, so the escape artist must have either flew or ran out. After several failed attempts to grab the chicken, I realized that this lady was too quick for me to catch. So I decided to pull the chicken house away from the chicken run to make room for the lady to go home. Sure enough, once the chicken saw the opening, she strolled into the waiting 'wings' of her two other friends and enjoyed her lunch.

I then pushed the chicken house closer to the chicken run, making sure that there is no room for escape this time. I don't think I will underestimate the chicken's ability as an escape artist again.

Labels: