Life's like that!

December 15, 2009

Recipe: Sweet and Salty Chocolate Snack

A few days ago I watched Ina Garten on Food Network and I really like one of the recipes that she prepared. It is a sweet and salty chocolate snack that I usually buy at Whole Foods Market for about $6 per pound. Now that I know how to do it, I can make it any time I want.

Ingredients:
1 White Chocolate semi-sweet bar or 1 bag of chocolate morsels
1 bag of stick mini pretzels
1 cup of salted peanuts

Directions:
1. Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces. Melt chocolate bar in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water.
2. Mix pretzels and peanuts in a mixing bowl. Pour melted chocolate into bowl and mix well.
3. Prepare a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread out evenly.
4. Leave it to cool (about 2-3 hours). Break up into small pieces and store in an air-tight container.

Labels: