Life's like that!

February 21, 2010

Beautiful Plants to Welcome Spring

This morning we went to the nearby gardening center to get a fluorescent light bulb, packets of seeds (sunflower, black-eyed susans, shasta daisy, pole and bush bean, jalapeno pepper, carrot) and peat pots.

We bought a pot of yellow flower plant that looks like sunflower. I don't know why but I am now crazy for this type of flowers. I have been thinking about yellow flowers for weeks and today my dream finally came true. When we got home I immediately transplanted it into the green pot so that it has room to grow.

Beautiful flowers at the front door to welcome visitors.


Since I still have some energy left, I spent about 2 hours in the afternoon to transplant Roma Tomato seedlings into bigger pots. It makes me feel so happy to see them growing so well under the fluorescent light. I can visualize myself eating juicy yummy tomatoes from the vine in just a few months' time, Allah SWT willing. Maybe next week I will transplant the cherry tomato seedlings into bigger peat pots.

Roma tomato seedlings transplanted into bigger peat pots. Cucumber and cherry tomato seedlings are still growing in the seed starting tray.

Roma tomato seedlings in milk cartons and yogurt containers.

Hybrid bell pepper seedlings growing under a fluorescent light.

Gardening has been a rewarding and fulfilling experience for me. All praise be to Allah SWT for making this life saving skill so easy to learn.

Labels: