Life's like that!

February 11, 2010

A Taste of Heavenly Durian

We bought a frozen durian, specially selected by husband, from the Vietnamese grocery store on Saturday. All praise be to Allah SWT last night husband opened it and we all enjoyed eating this delicious fruit. Although it costed $10, the fuit tasted like it's worth $30. Husband loves to eat this fruit and I have to say it was good after not eating it for seven years. Even daughter asked for more although this was the first time she ate it.

Yummy, creamy, sweet and soft fruit.

Safety first! Must wear glove when opening the durian.

After eating this fruit, we mixed water mixed with a little salt, poured it into a durain shell and drank it. This helps to counter-balance the heatiness of the durian. I have always done it this way when my parents bought durain in Singapore. If I didn't do so, the heatiness would make me sick the next day.

Allah SWT willing we will buy more durian in future.

Labels: