Life's like that!

February 08, 2010

A Sad Scene in the Front Yard

Last week while the weather was nice and warm, I let daughter played in the front yard for a while.

While checking on the front yard plants, I saw some scattered bird feathers and took a closer look.


It appeared that a poor bird has met its end here, possibly killed and eaten by a stray cat from our neighborhood. A piece of the body part, possibly an organ, is all that is left on the scene.

Although I understand that it is a cat's instinct to hunt and kill birds and mice, I was quite shocked by this discovery. I have seen a cat hunt and kill a mouse before, but not a bird.

At least the cat who killed the bird did not left it to rot and go to waste. Compare to humans who kill animals indiscriminately for the sake of sport and game, I have greater respect for the cat who kills what it needs to eat to survive.

Labels: