Life's like that!

February 09, 2010

It's Hard to Say No to Creative Work

An Arabic teacher from the school where I used to be a substitute teachers called this morning.

He needs help to create a workshop flyer and decides to see if I am available to do so. He had emailed the detail information to me and wanted to check if I have received it.

When I was a full-time librarian at the school, I usually helped out teachers who need assistance in this area because I really enjoy this type of creative work. Furthermore I love the exciting and fulfilling feeling of seeing my work being appreciated by others. Now that I am a stay-at-home diva, most of my creative energy goes towards making the chickens' lives more comfortable. I think the ladies are happier with better living conditions, but they are not that vocal about showing their appreciation for my efforts,

Although I told the teacher that I can get it done by tomorrow, I finished three designs in 2 hours and emailed them to him immediately.

Sigh.... I kind of miss the adrenaline rush that comes with this type of spontaneous work requests.

Labels: