Life's like that!

April 06, 2010

Krupuk Udang and Krupuk Ikan (Prawn and Fish Crackers)

I have been craving for Indonesian style prawn and fish crackers for a while, so yesterday I fried a batch for daughter and I to eat as a snack. In Singapore this is one of my favorite snack at a picnic or while watching a movie.

Although the local Asian grocery stores sell this type of pre-fried crackers, MSG (Mono-Sodium Glutamate) is usually listed as one of the ingredients. As I do not use MSG in my cooking at all, I don't buy processed food that has this ingredient.

At home I seldom fry crackers because I'll need to use 3-4 cups of oil to fry a small batch. But after tasting the first one yesterday, I was kind of glad that I fried more because I couldn't stop eating it. Even daughter loved to eat this crunchy snack. To counter the heatiness of this fried snack, we had orange juice after that.

Now that summer is approaching, I probably will not be frying another batch of the crackers soon.

Labels: