Life's like that!

May 24, 2010

八珍汤 (Ba Zhen Tang)

Yesterday husband and I brought the kids to the Chinese medicinal clinic in Richardson to see the Chinese physician, Wanda, who cured husband's liver and kidneys. My Chinese herbs for confinement have run out, and husband was not feeling very well, so we decided to make the trip even though my confinement period is not yet over.

All praise be to Allah SWT it was great to see Wanda and she was happy to see DD2. When she saw my tongue and checked my pulse, she said that my body is very weak and overheated. She advised me to stop eating ginger and prescribed a herbal drink, Ba Zhen Tang, 八珍汤 to take for 10 days. This Chinese herbal drink will also help to get rid of the heat in DD2's body since she is drinking my breast milk. When she checked my husband's tongue and pulse, she said that he has been exhausted from taking care of DD1, DD2 and me. She said he should try to get some rest to let his body recover. Husband also asked her to prescribe Chinese herbs that can reduce his cholesterol and blood sugar level. Eventually she prescribed a herbal drink for him to take for 10 days.

I am glad that we went to see Wanda early because after we arrived several patients were waiting for her to see them. Allah SWT willing we will return to see her in two weeks' time to follow up on our health diagnosis.

Labels: ,