Life's like that!

July 27, 2010

Neighbor Blues

All praise be to Allah SWT the contractors finally finished the construction of a roof over the concrete patio. This project took about a week and the backyard is in a mess. I'll have to get it all cleaned up before I go back to work next week. The chickens will be pleased to have their territory back.

Yesterday the landlord dropped by the check on the progress. He said that one of the neighbors, who works the night shift, filed a complaint at the city hall about construction noise. He even asked the contractors to show him the building permit. My landlord told me that he had checked with the city hall and was told he would not need a building permit for the patio. He was not very happy with the neighbor who complained. I think it is understandable for the neighbor's to sleep well in order to function properly at his workplace. Well it is finally done, so there should not be any more problems.

I hope.

Labels: