Life's like that!

August 27, 2010

Folk remedy for children's ear infection

All praise be to Allah SWT we had a heavy rainfall on Tuesday night, and it has been cooler ever since. Yesterday's high temperature was in the mid 90s, and this morning's temperature is just 74 degree F. Allah SWT willing hopefully we won't get triple digits for the rest of the summer.

DD1 and DD2 are almost recovered from the running nose problem. Husband is taking off-the-counter medicine to fight the cold. I am trying to wash my hands as often as I can while at the school because several 4th graders coughed and sneezed throughout the day yesterday. With two young children at home, I hope I don't bring germs back home.

The babysitter's son has been fighting an ear infection since Tuesday. Yesterday she told me an effective folk remedy from Tunisia that uses onions to treat ear infection. This treatment helps to clear the infection in about 2 days.
1. Grate a raw onion into a fine mash.
2. Squeeze out the onion juice into a saucepan.
3. Boil the onion juice for about a minute.
4. When cooled, apply 1 or 2 drops of the onion juice on the infected area at least twice a day.

Labels: ,