Life's like that!

August 04, 2010

Learning From a Master Teacher

All praise be to Allah SWT, yesterday I spoke with the 4th grade teacher, Sr. N., whom I will be assisting this coming school year. Allah SWT willing there will be 33 fourth graders and the classroom will be located on the second floor. I will be assisting her in writing, reading, language arts, math, science, Islamiyat and technology application classes.

Sr. N. has over 20 years of teaching experience. Her face lit up when she talked about making learning fun for students and how to guide them to be independent learners. She believes in facilitating learning and uses different teaching styles to engage students' attention. She sets high but realistic expectations for each students and communicates with parents/guardians on a regular basis about students' performance.

Last year Sr. N. held two science technology fair for 4th grade students. Two parent volunteers helped to make these events successful and students had lots of fun creating digital projects. Sr. N. mentioned that she might want to create a blog for parents and students to see students' work and for them to post comments. I showed her this first grade teacher's class blog and said that I will look into setting one up, Allah SWT willing.

I am looking forward to learning from Sr. N. and Allah SWT willing I hope I will do a good job as her assistant.

Labels: