Life's like that!

August 01, 2010

4th Grade - Here I Come!

Wherever I worked, I hope that my co-workers have good impressions of my work ethics. I also hope that I brought positive energy to the workplace.

This time I am hoping that I can bring positive energy to thirty-two 4th graders who will be spending the next ten months in the classroom with me, Allah SWT willing.

The last time I worked as a full-time librarian, I implemented several changes that I thought were beneficial to the school's structure. For example, I initiated the procedure for minutes to be taken at all staff meeting and for it to be sent out within three days. All praise be to Allah SWT this procedure worked well and communication among teachers and staff was greatly improved. Another project that I undertook was posting school activities on the library web site. This helped to keep stakeholders e.g. parents, students, community members etc. well informed about school events.

This time, my energy will be focused on helping the 4th grade homeroom teacher in classroom instruction and discipline. I will also be helping her to implement hands-on projects with the 4th graders. I am excited about the opportunity to work with 4th graders and the challenges of helping to meet the learning needs of 32 students.

I just hope that I can contain my enthusiasm on the first day of school!

Labels: ,