Life's like that!

September 03, 2010

Five Stone Game in 4th Grade

Earlier this week, I taught some of the girls in 4th grade how to play the Five Stones game during lunch time. I love to play this game because it trains eye-hand coordination and patience. On top of that, it is really fun!

Yesterday during lunch time, some of the boys wanted to play this game too! They were all eager to show me how well they could play this game after a brief practice. I encouraged them to never give up after the first few failed attempts to grab all five stones in their hands. I also praised individual students for giving their best effort to master this game. All of them seemed to be excited about this simple yet fun game and I told them that I'll give a pizza treat to the students who can beat me in this game.

Allah SWT willing I will be introducing confidence building games to the 4th graders to help raise their self-esteem. I am also happy to just join in the fun with them as well!

Labels: