Life's like that!

September 03, 2010

Preschool Work is Fun!

On Wednesday and Thursday, I began to assign 'homework' for DD1 and the Sr. Salma's son who is also turning four years old this month. Their homework assignments were to cut out triangle and hexagon shapes and color the shapes. All praise be to Allah SWT they followed directions and produced neat and creative cut-outs. They enjoyed working on this assignments and felt satisfied that they did a good job. I praised them for their efforts and gave them simple incentives to reward them. Sr. Salma said that they couldn't wait for me to see their individual art work and kept asking her when I will get off from work.

Allah SWT willing I hope that this simple but rewarding work that the kids do help to build their interest in learning. It also helps them learn to master coloring and cutting techniques.

Labels: ,