Life's like that!

December 16, 2010

Basketball Star

Yesterday I became a basketball star!

During the fourth period, the 4th grade homeroom teacher let students have a picnic on the basketball court. After many of them purchased and ate slices of pizza from the 2nd and 3rd grades bake sale, they wanted to play games. Eight boys wanted to play basketball matches so I decided to join them.

I started playing basketball with my brothers and sister since 8 years old. All praise be to Allah SWT my mother thought that it would be a good idea for us to get rid of excess energy and let her have some time to tidy the home. On top of that the nearest basketball court was located less than one-minute walk from our HDB flat. In school the PE teachers let us play basketball all the time. IT was the most popular sport for many students.

Before I played with the boys, I thought that after so many years of not playing basketball would render me a lousy player on the court. All praise be to Allah SWT I was able to show the kids that I still have it after all these years! I scored two points for my team at the end of the match and all the kids said that I'm good at playing basketball court.

One of the secrets of my success is I am taller than all the boys, so I was able to have several rebounds to score points!

Labels: