Life's like that!

May 27, 2011

Family Storytime

Yesterday, I brought DD1 to the public library for the family storytime. About 15 kids attended the program.

The librarian read two books:
1. The Little Red Hen (Makes a Pizza) by Philemon Sturges and Amy Walrod
2. Good Job, Little Bear by Martin Waddell

Then, she played the following song on a CD and shook fake eggs (with rice/beans inside them) with the kids. DD1 had a blast shaking and dancing with the eggs!

At the end of the program, she said that during the month of June, the family storytime's theme will be about dogs. Kids will get to hear songs about dogs, make doggy crafts and snacks. Allah SWT willing, I hope that I can bring DD1 to these fun activities.

I Know A Chicken by Laurie Berkner (click on this link to view the CD on Amazon)Link

I know a chicken (i know a chicken)

And she laid an egg (and she laid an egg)

Oh i know a chicken (i know a chicken)

And she laid an egg (and she laid an egg)

Oh my goodness (oh my goodness)

It's a shaky egg! (it's a shaky egg!)

Shake your eggs!

Source - http://www.kovideo.net/i-know-a-chicken-lyrics-laurie-berkner-841748.html

Labels: