Life's like that!

July 31, 2011

Fasting for Pregnant Women

All praise be to Allah SWT, the Islamic month of fasting starts tomorrow.

Due to my pregnancy, I have decided that I will not be fasting. Although some pregnant Muslim women chose to fast to avoid making up the fasting days after the delivery of their babies, my decision for not fasting is for the sake of my unborn child. With just three more weeks to go, the baby is demanding more and more nutrients so that he'll be healthy and ready to come into this world. I am not worried about making up the days to fast before next Islamic calendar of the fasting month, I am more concern about the well-being of my baby.

Here is an article from BBC News that addresses this issue.

Pregnant women who fast during Ramadan could be putting the health of their unborn baby at risk, according to a new study.

Labels: ,